Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Grocery bills rising



Well we made my son's stepping stone. Will post a pic with this. I always love how when you remove them from the mold they dry they are shiny like glass. Very pretty. 
Anyway I have to share this from Preparedness Pro  Now as I've said I take any news story with some caution (attention to news sources and such) and research. This one hits home as I've been watching this myself for awhile. The woman who writes this was on one of the preppers shows (though now they seem to be losing interest in showing the actual stories and are asking people to do some crazy stuff for the camera...I guess they don't think preppers are as crazy as they thought they'd be for the most part and needed more of an entertainment factor....) anyway. She is very good about doing her own research and following up on her own sources before she posts things. Very down to earth. A lot of the things she posts are very resourceful whether you prep or not. Anyway I don't even need her report (though it is very well done and thought out) to tell me that we are headed downhill economy wise and the cost of groceries are going to skyrocket. This is mainly because there are a plethora of things coming together to make this happen. First off the drought that took out so much of our nations crop as well as other weather disasters. It isn't just in the US either it has been worldwide. I believe I posted a global drought impact map awhile back. Global drought monitor. Now again, this is just the drought this is not even taking into consideration the other weather that has come into play and been more widespread and stronger than it has in a long time. Tornadoes, floods, hail storms, wind storms, etc.... just to name a few. This loss of crops means not just a loss of those types of foods. This affects the cost of gasoline (Ethanol/corn), feed for livestock, loss of livestock as farmers cull their herds and flocks, in turn this hits the grocery stores and restaurants hard. People are all ready having trouble finding jobs (mainly other than low paying jobs that can't maintain a family income even though they are trying). More and more people are having to rely on help to make it. It is a domino effect we are looking at. Even the economists are saying we are in a downward spiral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment