Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

And back up to present...

 Garden spider ...one of several

Well things are definitely changing rapidly. Really a bit too rapidly at the moment. I went through and unlocked my blogs so those are open again. My mom is off and on. I have to go in with her to the dr. next week. Kind of nervous about that but she has been sleeping almost constantly, no facial expressions really at all when she speaks to anyone and when she is talking to people she tends to close her eyes and nod off while sitting up. She may have one awake chipper day in there every now and then but mostly is pretty out of it all the time. The nurses are getting concerned again. I've found my stroke seems to have affected my right side which I believe is the side it affected last time as well. It is affecting my gait and I am having a bit of a limp. (Before I used a cane for a long time...may have to dig it back out for the bad days but hopefully not) It is making my hip and knee on that side hurt from the change too. Still trucking along. We got hit with a fine and a court date and the city is being unrelenting on attacking us. At this moment waiting on a couple of things to see if they will either A. reduce the fine or B. do away with it if we agree to spend the 250 on a dumpster or something and basically do away with pretty much everything. Still disagreeing with what they are doing entirely but doing it anyway to appease them and then when the house is paid off we want to get the hell out (which is probably what they are pushing for honestly and we'd oblige but we don't have the money to do it) We've all ready lost money in this. The time and effort on the chickens, the wood shed we have to tear down, etc. I do have suggestions for them. I sent it in to the countywide and they mistakenly re-posted my original post but said they would post the new letter next time. Basically I believe that they should follow in Shawnee's foot steps and put their ordinances online on their city website. I think this would help a lot of people. I also believe they should go back to presenting photos of said violations so that 1. You know exactly what they complaint is about ...they can't be all vague and 2. They can't change the nature of the complaint later. I also agree with what was said that if they are going to start wanting to upholding the ordinances that basically they themselves have ignored for years and years then don't sit there and pick out certain houses to hit make it the same (equal) for everyone. They are picking on things (like my wood shed) that have been there since before I owned this house. The wood shed alone has been there AT LEAST 15 years that I know of. Plus the wood shed was not on the notice but that is what we are getting fined for. I don't think that is right. It was something we were told about via phone later and we were complying. We have a friend who may loan us a trailor this weekend to remove the shed and anything else. I am doing the yard work and stuff post stroke but of course they don't care (or maybe they think I am making that shit up I dunno) but I injured myself with glass trying to pull the big pieces out of a broken pane and putting them in a box so the trash men wouldn't hurt themselves. I have about a 2 1/2 maybe? (I dunno) inch cut on my inner thigh and then the other day I was out using the weedwhacker. It has a touchy trigger and it had hit a large rock funny (again my stroke is affecting my right side and I am right handed so not really that steady anyway) and it bounced up and hit both legs. I am fairly cut up. Went in and got on antibiotics for it as with the lupus I don't heal like I should and there is some worry of infection. Was told I need to take it easy but really I can't. This stuff has to get done. My husband mowed and he is the one that watches Abby while I go out and do this. I caught a bit of weird reaction from the Mayor for that as he had assumed my husband was the one doing the stuff. Anyway I need to go weed eat and I am so tired. I can't sleep really anymore and my hip is killing me. The dr. gave me something for nerves/stress with everything going on. Trying to not take any and I haven't yet but maybe Monday. Guess I am worried about side effects plus if it makes me drowsy I can't work and I have to. I really don't have time to rest mostly though I do sleep in the mornings because that is the only time I can really drift off. The stress of the deal with my Mom is getting me. My oldest is back home temporarily til she can get an apartment and gets her money. She basically had moved in with someone I thought was a friend. Someone I still kept at somewhat of a distance because we don't seem to be on the same page with a lot of stuff but still. I'd known this person since middle school and she wound up being far more two faced than I could ever imagine. Turns out SHE was the one who called DHS and stirred up trouble when there was none. She was also doing a thing where she would lie to me about my oldest and then lie to my oldest about me I guess trying to keep us apart not realizing we'd talk and put two and two together and she played it up good. I actually even bought some of it for awhile. She pretty much took my oldest for everything she had and was belittling her health issues saying I put all that in her head. (Um Hello the dr referred her to a gastro dr. for a reason and they have to have a reason or insurance will not allow the referral) Anyway the ex friend caused the health issues to become worse in some ways (Pushing milk on her which I told her she should have flat out refused) but was telling her that it was all in her head etc that she couldn't drink it....she is lactose intolerant and also soon to be tested for other stomach issues. She went back to throwing up every day after that. Since she's been here she's seen the dr and is doing better. She also found out about another issue (incident) health related) that occured or well she knew but rather confirmed it that should have been checked out at an ER but the friend refused to take her and also gave her a hard time about going the one time she did. She also had her thinking she had a ride to the gastro and waited til the day of to tell her she wasn't taking her so that she didn't have another ride. Then telling her she didn't need it. She had waited a year for that appt. Then as of right now she has kept her money. She also told her she put her on her two year lease and it increased her rent and so she owed her more. (She isn't on a lease) So anyway she got screwed all the way around though learned a valuable life lesson even if it was learned the hard way and seems to be back on track. Just gotta wait til she gets her money again but in the meantime is looking at apartments and such and getting her health care lined out. I learned something as well.... that the friend was not any kind of a friend at all. I've had a lot of other friends saying told ya so. LOL I knew to keep her at arms length but apparently that was too close still. Anyway she is out of our lives so far other than the stories I imagine she continues to tell other people but really who gives a flip unless it starts to affect us in which case...um yeah. We'll see. Anyway a lot of weight on the shoulders right now. Dealing though. Just taking things day by day. Wishing I could escape into my day dreams. Would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment