Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Catalog review part 2

Well I got a good sized stack of them today and we had a dental appt for two of the kids and actually sat there long enough to look through them all. (at least two hours with only one kid back there at a time and at least one of them driving us batty) so here they are....

1. Growers Supply  This one really impressed me. Huge catalog and I think just about anything you might need for greenhouses, gardening, and even poultry, small farm needs, etc. They even sent a free pair of gardening gloves and this was all inside a sample of their foil insulation product. (What I used to carry my catalogs today) Very nice. Good prices really for everything as well. I might even order our replacement pump for our water cooler from it. Not sure yet. If we ever get moved out to the country where we can have a greenhouse I know where to get some of my materials from. Very nice and worth a look.

2. Terry's Village  I saw lots of Christmas ideas in here for good prices. (Shipping doesn't look too bad either) Lots of homey type crafts and such. Really not much to say other than a good place for gift ideas within budget. 

3. Design Toscano Something for everyone I think. Varying price range from affordable to a bit on the expensive (but worth it) side. Lots of art and statues for varying tastes. I told hubby after our problems with the city I want this Bwahahahahahah in our yard. (Hercules and Diomedes....Hey it is Greek art)  Anyway this one just has some absolutely awesome stuff in it. Steampunk Skull Plenty of things I'd love to have all over my house and yard. Can't say enough about it. 

4. S&S Worldwide This one has pretty widely varying price ranges as well. Think of it as a bit more extensive Oriental Trading Company catalog and with maybe a bit more quality items. It has tons of crafts supplies that you can buy in bulk for classrooms or whatever and then it also has therapy type items like for people with arthritis or learning disabilities. It is definitely worth a look. Saw a bunch of stuff that I would possibly want to get later on. I would love to kind of have a store where people come in and buy the art kit and there is a table set up for them to work on them with their kids and such. Just something fun to do. 

5. The Land of Nod  (Computer crashed half way through my reviews but thankfully it saved for me) anyway this one while a bit expensive is pretty awesome. Besides having very unique whimsical items they also have ideas for creating a personalized space for your little one as well. Such as putting those boards you can build lego cities on...on the wall. Really cute decorating ideas. Also one bedding piece caught my attention. It was a princess and the pea bed set and had CUTE the pea was adorable. They have something for pretty much any taste and it looks to me like the catalog itself is just a small sampling of their wares. Definitely worth a look for anyone with kids of any age.

6. Soft Surroundings  This one is for clothing and I will say I like the style and the clothes look to be uber comfortable. However this one is pretty out of my price range though it might be fitting for others. 

7. Sur La Table This one while some things can be a bit pricey still seemed pretty reasonable for the most part. It would be a great place to find gifts for serious cooks and people who enjoy their time in the kitchen. Has some pretty unique items I think as well. Have a good variety of aprons too which is something I don't see a lot of. (Usually see a variety of plain ole barbeque type) This one had some stuff for halloween that was kind of cute. Halloween fun 

8. Personal Creations This one is as the name says. Personalized gift items and the prices are pretty good. I saw a few things I wouldn't mind getting for friends or family. Definitely worth a look for the holidays ;) 

Looks like that concludes my catalog adventures for today. Definitely helps with the gift ideas too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment