Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crunch time


My entry for the frontier days T-shirt for 2010...I also have this without the writing on it. 

Well okay not really yet but this next week looks to be super busy. I am getting a lot farther in getting things done. Got the carport almost done to my satisfaction (and hopefully the city's) Though I did get a copy of the codes and so far find that a lot of them really do not fit our situation at all. Especially the one the fine is on. Soooooooo we shall see. Especially when there are several violations around us that are much larger violations and they are not touching ANY of them. Say blocked side walk, very large brush/debris pile...and there is a garage/carport thing that if they want to see dilapidated (there is apparently no such code for lean to structure and our wood shed even has metal braces on the supports) anyway I can show them this carport (and the other things) and I mean it is to the point where I am absolutely shocked to see that the person still parks their car in it. It looks to be about to cave in any moment. So anyway still going to go talk to the lawyer and see what to do from here and also have a couple of other routes we may take. We shall see. I still am saying the way they are doing this is crooked and they need to go back to using photos to show you what the violation in question is so that they can't go back later and go oh yeah we were talking about this instead or also or whatever. Or just general oh we have a complaint about this (say a building for example...but they can't even tell you which building). Yes I will continue to be miffed til this is over and then maybe still will be. 
Anyway so besides dealing with that today we went and got 3 masks for the kids for Halloween...didn't really intend to pick them up but hell we haven't even had a chance to think about it yet and I don't have a clue what I want to dress up as. I did decide I am going to lighten my hair...a lot. I finally got a box of stuff to lighten it (that supposedly even works on black hair) to a very light almost white blonde. Might have it fade into my other colors but I've been pondering over this for awhile. Another thing we picked up today was shoes. Another thing we didn't really intend to. We really went for a new toilet seat because ours has pretty much died. Got the last one they had. ....anyway I have needed shoes for awhile. I have fallen arches and a bone spur and the foot dr. informed me I need shoes with good arches...that was egads....atleast a year or more ago? Maybe two. Any shoes I've gotten for the last several years (okay as long as I can remember...it has been awhile) have been hand me downs. Except for the flats I bought to wear to my oldest's graduation. So point is first brand new pair I've bought in a long time. Nice pair of Dr. Scholl's running shoes. (Yes I am going on about a stupid pair of shoes) they were $15 but this was at a buy out store so.... Now I'm trying to break them in. Hoping they help some with the excruciating foot pain I have constantly. I am getting tired of hobbling around like an old woman when inside I feel like a more active person than that. It is annoying. 
Something that is coming up that I am looking forward to is the Frontier days thing that our city has once a year. They had gotten to where they've moved it around a lot but in 2010 I entered the T-shirt contest. (Hmmm think I will use that as my photo for this blog) I didn't win but I haven't seen anything to enter the contest for this year. Would kind of be fun. Guess I need a more simple design as well. I think the year I entered it was a wagon wheel that won with some other stuff like a boot and a cactus. I can't remember. I want to start brushing up on my art. I just wish things would slow down around me some so that my attention was not needed elsewhere constantly and I could have some quiet time to sit and draw. I did get some drawing done the other night but it was with constant interruption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment