Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Worse than zombies?

I am going to write this one quickly and make it short as my youngest wants to go play and my last blog was rather lengthy....this one I found while looking for a link for one of the others I'd written. I am always fascinated by dark things and I don't know why but something I was fascinated with but never want a close up look at was the black plague....aka Bubonic plague. I think this interest comes from my interest also in medical things and the dark ages. (I blame my Mom for that as she is the one got me interested in medical phenomena) anyway....Bubonic plague is passed usually via fleas carried on wild rats and mice and in the past it was usually in unsanitary conditions. Apparently this particular plague is coming back a bit. They don't seem to think it will be of the size it was in the past (up to 60 percent of the European population)by any means but it is happening in more affluent neighborhoods. My own theory is people are seeing a rise in the number of pests due to climate change and in places they really weren't an issue in before as they encroach farther into the human population in search of food, water, and shelter. When they do they are carrying with them disease such as the aforementioned plague and  others such as rabies , etc. Here is the yahoo link on this topic plague. I may post more on this later :) Oh here is another link...unrelated yet sort of related http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment