Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Looking through a window

I've noticed as of late I've gone from being a very outdoorsy type person to finding myself sucked into the in internet easily. I can find so many more ways to express myself on here than I ever could in the physical world and I've noticed what I say looks better in print than it sounds with me saying it LOL :) At least to me anyway. I do have things I enjoy doing offline such as every other weekend I play karaoke with my kids (usually my 2nd oldest but also the other two older kids if they want to sing and we sometimes will give my youngest a little play microphone so she can play along in her own way. It is a fun....what would that be ...hobby maybe? I also have been wanting to pick up my painting and beading but the only time it is safe to do so is after the youngest is in bed and at that point all I want is peace and quiet or to sit quietly on the couch and watch a movie and now my oldest stays up and hangs with us so that time period isn't really free anyway. I need to find a space during the day in which to work though or figure something out. Especially if I plan on doing more with this. Outside things I like to do are gardening and I am trying to become more involved in that. This year I've gotten more produce from my little garden. I want more plants that I don't have to replace yearly though. Like berry bushes and fruit trees. I've found out my mint plants are supposed to last and they make my garden smell wonderful. I do find that with any hobby you do learn things about yourself. With me I've learned through karaoke ...something that originally was for the kids as a Christmas gift for all of them that I actually LOVE to sing. I am not nearly so bad at it as I had thought I would be. I underestimate myself all too often. I have also figured out that I do really well with throaty songs LOL I am also as I type this being made to listen to myself in playback on one I just did and....it isn't half bad LOL Mainly if I actually know the song and can get into it. :P Anyway then with gardening I've learned it really is okay to try new things and learn from the ground up so to speak. I'm starting to learn to let go and have fun again. I would like to also get back into my belly dance some but right now I don't feel I'm doing too badly. I think my biggest thing though is doubting myself. I usually surprise myself and find that I am far more capable than I believe I am but it takes getting past that hard part of pushing myself to try it.  It is like getting stage fright I guess.
I guess the whole point is to try new things without fear of failure


No comments:

Post a Comment