Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Quick rant

One of my big pet peeves and yeah this may be partly to do with my PTSD (post traumatic) is I cannot stand when people throw fits around me. Or when they get pissed off at inanimate objects when they don't work right and wind up doing more damage to said object because they are pissed off than it had to start with. Or break shit in the process of being mad and slamming shit around. Like a bull swinging his balls just to show them off. ....also this does not just pertain to men. < sorry that is what always comes to mind and this just made me giggle with the image....I hate when anyone does that. I get jumpy and it literally is like nails on chalk board. I know I am not the only one I have a friend who has been through the same and hates it for the same reasons. It sets every nerve fiber in your body to electrify because if you have ever been with someone in the past who was so unpredictable that you couldn't tell what would set them off or what they would do to you (and they had everyone else thinking you were the nutty one or so you thought so you knew they could likely get away with most of it)                      That will scar you for life. It sets you in self defense (and protect people around you mode) Even if you are pretty sure the people around you are not mad at you and none of it is intended for you you are still afraid of being caught in the cross fire...which is especially frustrating when you feel at the same time that you are supposed to help so you are caught between helping and staying the fuck out of the way. You don't know if you will get inadvertently hurt without them meaning to or noticing. I forwarn people I am around (if I know them well enough or if they are prone to this type behavior) that I do have a problem with this and it usually doesn't really help. I have enough shit broken around my house and in my life without needing more. This is in general. I found out a long time ago to center myself and approach the situation with a bit of calm is a lot more productive than exploding and winding up with more things to fix than I started out with.  I just wish others could find that as well. Every now and then I will blow out of frustration but I try not to. To anyone if you want someone to help you ...Say something. Don't just assume that the other person all ready knows what you are doing or that they know what you want them to do. My dad also used to do that all the frigging time. I got hurt a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment