Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

elections /economy

No chance expected in economy after presidential elections....No change ....to me this is a big DUH. Um did they think that people would believe that magically after the presidential elections things would suddenly change???? The things I'm more worried about are the laws they are changing which is happening more rapidly where women are losing rights. Though I am worried about the economy and I am watching that....which it resembles a slow motion train wreck to me....these types of laws against women and the middle/lower class and some that cover just basic freedoms are quickly resulting in the loss of freedoms and rights have the ability to affect us much more quickly. I don't think anything either presidential elect could do would fix anything economically any time soon...if anything though I think they need to be more worried about what either would do that might cause it to fall at a more rapid rate or into a more unfixable situation. (I may be talking in circles but I have a toddler who is going to the dr. later and keeps stripping out of all her clothes so I am going to have to redress her....plus she is antagonizing the cat so I am having to stop and go stop that. ) Anyway the domino effect is all ready spreading beyond Europe into China and other surrounding countries. I did see an article talking about why the gas prices here were so high compared to elsewhere....which kinda was laughable because while yes they were high they are not really higher than elsewhere. We never hit $4.00 and everyone else did it seems and some are still there. I have some friends coming back to Oklahoma from another state that they've had to stay in because of family obligations and it stayed closer to $5.00 there. Grocery prices though are continuing to rise. The other day I noted while on a shopping trip that chicken and pork were nearly $3.00 lb beef was higher running from $4.00 something a lb for cheaper stuff on up to $8.00 or $9.00 for steaks and such. This also includes hamburger. It is ridiculous. 
I actually saw a global plea earlier this month to conserve water. Basically because we are running out of  clean drinking water and because of the infrastructures degrading. This plea was not from some conservation group either. Electricity is also going up in areas. Texas power demand going up climate change is affecting us as well all over the world Canada one example of many We basically have a lot of different situations that reflect off each other. Anyway I am off for now. Got to dress my youngest again and I am not feeling too well myself today. Rough night. (may vent a bit later) and today it is all ready 95 and rising. I don't handle heat well. Supposed to hit 100 with a higher heat index. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing and reading all the same things. When Obama was elected I was happy, but at the same time worried. I knew he, nor any other president, would be able to undo the damage in one term. I knew he, more than any other, would suffer because if it. I was sad because he seemed so hopeful and is such a nice man. I knew he would "fail". I agree, there isn't a candidate who can get us out of the mess that has been made of our government and out of the laws and restrictions being placed on all Americans.

    ReplyDelete