Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Just when I thought I was done for the day...religious rant

Christian state funded school to debunk evolution using Nessie <        This is what I saw on yahoo news. The article is basically about a state funded christian school (first off why state funded?) that is going to teach the students about Nessie (yes the lochness monster) convince them it is real and then use it to debunk evolution.... Um kay. First off while there has been videos and photos of a possible Nessie creature that doesn't mean there is proof of the existance of said creature. Not that I don't think there is some possibility it would be cool to find. Alligators and Crocs are both hold overs from the time of the dinosaurs...but that does not mean that evolution is not possible. In fact it appears that a lot of the dinosaurs were where our modern day birds came from. I can totally see this. There have been a lot more recent examples of evolution in motion though. The fox is a good one. If you have time you can watch the video if not just look up Silver Fox Experiment. (please excuse the placement of the video it didn't want to go where I wanted it to.) On another note I'd love one of those foxes. There are many levels of belief in evolution but in the end it is all about adaptation. I am thinking this is just one more reason for me to prefer homeschooling. I find it sad that they are doing this.

Also I keep seeing posts lately about people saying God made you perfect and you shouldn't try to improve. I guess this has been a current lesson among the churches? I don't know but I am seeing it a lot and it drives me crazy. No one is perfect. I am sorry but I will always see room for improvement. I will always want to learn and grow and I do try to not just outright bash the religion but as time goes on it really does get a bit harder when the things I am seeing posted are just so .... gads I don't even have the words. There is a lot of self righteousness going on and the sad thing is the people doing it don't have a clue that they are doing it. I usually just keep my thoughts to myself and move on. That is what this blog is for though.... ;) ....anyway until I see something else I need to blog about....                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment