Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

We are kicking back today and relaxing some. I've been super tired all week. I'm not sure if it is from all the stress and such all week or if it is my lupus/RA trying to flare up again. It had been in remission. I go back in August so I guess I'll see what they say then. Stress can cause it to do that so I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway. Managed to go to two fireworks shows here locally which I hadn't been to one in forever. It was really nice. This next week is going to be back to the grindstone in a way. I get one or two teeth pulled, my mom goes to her first dr appt since she's been home the day after that and I am trying to brace myself because I am expecting some uncomfortable topics that I know my mom isn't going to want to discuss but has to be brought up with her. We shall see how that goes. After that hoping the week goes fairly smoothly til I have to go in and see the foot dr the following week. They had told me before that if my foot continues to get worse I may need special shoes OR I may need surgery. Maybe they will have another option. I have bone spurs in both feet but this feels different. It is the same foot that has been broken before and healed with out being reset so that may be part of the problem too. Who knows. Anyway then after that it is count down for school enrollment. This spring/summer has seemed to fly by. My son doesn't start back til Sept so he has a bit longer. He got some glasses to wear to help too and I have to say they look pretty sharp. He's been getting back into making duct tape bags and satchels. I'm gathering craft supplies myself for us to do when the youngest is gone to school during the day. Anyway here are some pics of our latest flowers that have bloomed. 
 My stargazer. There are several more on the stem but this is the one that bloomed. My youngest broke it off so I took it and put it in the vase I etched (can't see the etching here) and it bloomed. There has been another that bloomed since but I thought my mom might enjoy them so I had taken them to her house. 

 My canna's.. I love how these appear golden and red in the sun

 Makes you feel like you have a tiny tropical area in your yard. 

 I like the bright orange of these

 These always have a tinge of color to them


Some of the fireworks from the show

No comments:

Post a Comment