Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thoughts on spirituality

 I would like to say how much I appreciate when my higher power points me in the right direction keeps me on track and guides me down the right path. I used to pay rapt attention to it (in the form of that tugging at the corner of your mind feeling you get or intuition) and then I guess for a long time I didn't follow so closely as I did and I missed those little tugs at the corner of my consciousness. I've been working on de-cluttering in all senses and have found it has come back with a strength that is clarifying and I feel I am back on track.   Again everyone has their own paths. Their path is meant for them. You cannot walk someone else's or have them walk yours.  Your higher power may show itself to you in a way that speaks to your spirit in the form of one religion while mine may show itself to me in another as it speaks to my spirit in a way I can understand it. I get tired of hearing the my religion is right and yours is wrong debate. What gets me is when you hear it from people in a religion that has so many sects to it. (branches so to speak) which one is right? They each think they are. Seems too many focus on that. Live and let live. 

Anyway I appreciate when there is something we really need and we can't normally afford or it is hard to find and I'll get this strange urge to go to a certain place and lo and behold there it is and at a price we can afford. (usually hidden in the thrift store or something when it is something like that or someplace we don't normally go) We find our way to it or it to us.  I appreciate those moments. I try not to ask for them because to me that sometimes seems such a trivial thing to ask for but I appreciate it more than words can say. I will work harder to keep my mind clear and de-cluttered enough to feel/hear those little tugs when I get them. I will continue to work on my spiritual/mental growth and my physical health as they go hand in hand. I will continue to try and pass along what I can to help whomever I can. Whether it be in wishing light and love or whether it is in physical form or assistance. I will continue to learn and hopefully grow. 

I feel like the key to life is balance. It applies to pretty much any aspect of life. Patience is another. Trying to take a moment to see things from a perspective than your own (doesn't mean you need to adopt that perspective just try to get an idea of how the other side is seeing it so you can gain an understanding) Another I've found is do NOT adopt another's perspective or perception as your own. I know this sounds identical to what I just said but there is a slight difference. The first is understanding why a person may think/feel the way they do. The second one has more to do with not letting someone else form your opinion of something/someone FOR you. They may have their reasons for disliking someone or something or liking it and those should not be your reasons. Keep your sense of self. I've mistakenly passed judgement (also wrong) on someone based on things I was told in the past. Later to find out it wasn't true. I've also had people pass judgement on me for the same...basically listening to someone and changing their own opinions/thoughts based solely on words not on what they actually knew for themselves. Things that were not true but they decided due to the words they were told they must be. Later the person who said what they did retracted some of it but by then the damage was done and the person who passed judgement is stuck on the opinion they formed from before. It is one thing to take others opinions and perceptions into consideration but quite another to adopt said opinions/perceptions as your own without thinking/seeing/ perceiving with your OWN thoughts and senses. I see this doing a lot of damage in everyday society. People assume too quickly based on other peoples ideals and not their own. I've seen a lot of people going through this right now and it is sad to see. As conclusion show kindness and consideration to those around you. Stop and take the time to at least get a sense of why/how they feel what they do or act the way they do or think what they seem to be thinking. (it sounds complicated but it doesn't need to be) That being said don't make yourself a doormat either for others. Find your balance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment