Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Before school rush

 *skip past the lilly pad pic to skip the health issues part LOL With the start of school fast approaching we've been super busy squeezing in some fun time (still didn't do everything we planned but hey) getting supplies, getting appointments done much like everyone else really.  We finally got our fishing licenses which turned out to be way cheaper than we'd thought (if we had of known we'd have done it way way sooner ) Turns out fishing may be the one thing that will get my mom out of the house she wants to go really bad. Sooo we are hoping to take her by to get her license and then when school starts maybe take her when the weather is cool enough. She is honestly pretty fragile. She just celebrated her 76th birthday and we were told a couple years or so back that she basically wouldn't be around but she is still here and doing pretty good for all the health issues she's had. She suffers from Parkinson's which is something I may have to eventually test for. Right now I prefer not to think about it. My Rhuematologist put me on something for my arthritic pain and it seems to be helping enough to help me get around more. Though my severe D3 deficiency (almost very dangerously so) along with calcium deficiency has apparently had their own effects. 

 I have lost several teeth due to breaking (may also be attributed to Sjogren's) and this last one I had pulled had an unusually long root so it was quite an experience for the dentist as well to get it out. I was beginning to worry. I am still pulling bone and tooth shards out. Though I will say it feels a lot better. The other complication is my bones. My feet especially my right suffered fissures in the bones so that now I only put weight on my heel and my big toe on that foot. I was seen by the foot dr. who put me in one of those walking cast boots and unfortunately rubbed a hole in my leg the size of a quarter. (still healing) also not long after my hubby severely sprained his ankle and isn't supposed to be on his either so neither of us were able to stay off them as much as we needed. I had thought a fissure was not as severe as it was. I knew the bones were bending upwards in a bow shape which the dr pointed out and that that was not good and that my achilles tendon was way too tight (gave me exercises to do) and I knew fissures meant something like small cracks...I did not even realize that technically that means a broken foot. Especially when all the toes except for the big toe are involved (he checked) Sooooo guess I need to take it easier and wear the boot like I'm supposed to. I had thought for a broken foot they do a cast. They actually don't. Depending on the type they do like what they did with me. So anyways I go back in soon and see what he says about my healing. He did say it would be a long process. 

 Anyway enough about the health issues. Otherwise things aren't too bad. I have a ton of craft/art projects lined up that I am anxious to start on but am waiting on school to start (which it is next week) to start on any of those. I want to either maybe start selling them online or get a booth maybe at the flea market but I dunno if that is feasible or whatnot yet. There are a lot of things planned for when school starts. Fishing of course when we can. My son enjoys it and is good at it. (My oldest was super good she could kill/clean/ and cook them herself whatever she caught and she always caught decent sized ones) My 2nd oldest I think was always like me. She wasn't so fond of the killing them part. My youngest likes it but gets bored easily. This last time we went there were turtles everywhere. They would swim around the bobbers. We found lilly pads growing out at the lake and now we have ducks and geese out there sometimes too which I think is great. 
 (my son took this one with his phone)    We did a trip to the park where my son and I ran around and took pics while hubby sat with Abby (couldn't do the walking) Still hoping to stop off at the museum next time I go to the Rheumy. We aren't so much into big expensive type trips as we are about finding stuff people tend to forget is there or to not notice. (though I do want to make a trip to the zoo and omniplex...sorry it will always be omniplex to me and the bone museum.) Anyway. This summer hasn't been bad at all just busy but busy is the norm for us really. My grandbaby is growing like a weed of course and her Momma is doing good. My 2nd oldest is doing a lil better than she was. They had work but then the guy they were working for wasn't doing it anymore so it looked rough but her fiance found work. She is still looking for some herself and thinking about going back to school. 

My son still has about a month left before his schooling starts. Hoping for a good school year for both the kids. I swear though if my youngest is going through yet ANOTHER growth spurt. O.o She acts like she is and while she just turned 5 she is getting her six year molars. She gets mistaken for a 7 yr old all the time even the dentist told me that the teeth she has in are those of about a 7 year old. It is so weird. She is wearing the clothing size to fit too. 6x is too small and she is going to be very tall which is kind of interesting. My kids all seem to go in height from the oldest being the shortest to the youngest looking like she will be the tallest. In that order. LOL I think my son is disappointed because he liked being the tallest :) 

 He took this one too. The other day we went on a trip downtown in Shawnee which I hadn't been in forever. Finally got to revisit the old flea market. Seems so different in some ways. I love all the murals and such on the buildings I would have loved to have done one. We also went and checked out the discount walls thing. I didn't think we'd find anything we were looking for a toilet tank to replace my Mom's but they actually surprised me. They had that but they also had marble sinks and such for super cheap so if I decide to remodel/renovate this house instead of moving then I know where to find some of the things. Will do another post here soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment