Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Back to school

 My youngest daughter's school is all decked out in lego people and lego blocks of all shapes and sizes. She LOVES legos. In a bit of a different way than her older brother ...I don't think he will ever lose his love for him I could see him being one of those people who work building the elaborate lego copies of real life buildings etc. He has made a huge plane before that was so detailed it had everything inside made to scale too and even had a turret type thing that worked. Though his real other love is aeronautics. Anyway.... she plays the lego games with him sometimes and she was pretty excited about that. (They also have my love of sims and their sisters' love of pokemon) One of my girls was more into the dance games/karaoke but she got into pokemon some too. Getting side tracked but all in all it kind of helps to get her excited about going. Her actual classroom is ocean themed. She went and met her PE teacher and he told her to save her energy for her first day. I think he'll be in for a surprise LOL She never runs out. My biggest worry is about her sitting still in class. I know she did okay at the Pre-K. Apparently she is a bit of the class clown though. I am hoping that she has some of the students she knew from there in her class this year it would help. I think it will help some too that she took speech over there so had to go to that school some last year. My son had to have it too and I remember he only needed it for a year or so. My son doesn't start til next month so he still gets some time to goof off though he is going to have withdrawals from his game I think when it starts. He tends to get bored. He has been teaching himself some coding too. He got glasses this summer so hoping that helps him some too. He'd been borderline needing them for awhile. 

 Also tomorrow I get to start my physical therapy which I am told will take about an hour *yay me* I don't know how often I will have to go yet. I have never been through it so I have really no idea what to expect. Hopefully it helps. I also go back to see my Rheumatologist this month. Curious how often they test to make sure the RA and all is in remission to make sure it still is. (blood work) They had originally found it via blood work in 2005 also when they found my lupus. I was pretty bad sick around then and it was affecting my liver at that time too. I had to be on potassium and my body had trouble absorbing it. This last time when they found out I was in remission my liver enzymes were too high which led to blood testing for Hepititis and such but all that came out negative. No clue why it was high but am grateful it wasn't anything like that. They put me on a medication for my arthritis when I went in (Meloxicam) which has so far been helping. We are wondering if the reason it went into remission is because I'd been sick for several months and had to be on multiple strong doses of antibiotics and steroids. I was suffering pleurisy not long before too which is usually lupus caused (I think there can be other reasons too) but that was diagnosed at ER via X-ray and I'd been on a strong steroid dose for that. I will have to remember to ask about it when I go in. We are planning on taking our son with us this trip and trying to go to the museum again since he missed out last time. (had to do end of the year school work and only had a couple days left) 



No comments:

Post a Comment