Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

First week of school

*see the tiny spider in the center? Okay so like two days of school LOL First day went good we weren't sure how the youngest would do since she just did half days last year but she loved it and she seems to really like her teacher which is great. I think I understood her to say she did have a couple of friends from last year and all ready has some new ones which is great. I had to go to physical therapy the same day which made it kind of hectic. (the car lines to pick up are crazy long) It took over the hour that they'd said because they had to do some paperwork but that went good too. They told me my shoes were probably helping to contribute to the breaks not healing because where they tie they sit and press down on it. Also the serious vitamin deficiency (since corrected) was contributing to the continued breakage and I've managed to get my calcium/D3 levels back up. I'm currently taking supplements for that. Basically I had a whole host of problems that were contributing to everything and now that after several years of fighting to do so I've managed to start getting into the roots of the problems and are getting those fixed so that everything else is falling in to place which is great. In physical therapy they hook you up to electrodes and create a pulsing shock that massages the muscle before they work on you combined with a heating pad. They have you do a lot of exercises and apparently there is a whole regimen for someone with a broken foot to do :) I seem to have a high pain tolerance (no complaints there) though I am on a constant dose of meloxicam too which may help. (though not complaining no pain=good thing) I did hurt the next day but nothing too bad as long as it is helping my foot I'm happy. I am learning some things to help keep foot problems down in the future too which is also always good. I have to say the people there are really nice :) Very comfortable atmosphere. In any case life all around is improving greatly. Starting to fall in to place a lot more and as a virgo I love some organization LOL :D 
I am still trying to get adjusted to these new hours and thankfully I only have PT 3x a week for at least an hour at a time so I have two other days to try and get other stuff done.  My youngest is still loving school. I hope they get the gravel spread out and the playground taken care of before it cools off some so they can actually get out there and play on it. My son starts his online school back first week of September. He says to quit reminding him LOL :D He has a project done for the fair and I still need to do mine. 
I've also been sort of busy with a situation with a friend I am trying the best I can to help them with. It is sadly like watching myself back when I was in Germany and when I first came back. So very similar and I hate watching them go through it. I keep wishing there was more I could do but I am doing all I can (we are in different states) I am hoping they let their friends that are closer to them help them too. I think they are willing just not sure what to do.  I just want to see them finally get back on the right track and to see them finally get to be happy. Positive thoughts, well wishes, prayers, and love and light and whatever positive energy anyone can send for them is welcome.I have given them all the information I find for them to use and I can't go in to more detail than that I just wanted to kind of not really vent...I guess get that out? It is hard for me because I know how hard it was when I was going through it and how alone I felt at the time. I've thought about working as a counselor or doing some volunteer work for project safe. I am not in a position to at the moment but it may be in my future. In the meantime I share my own experiences with those going through the same that I did and the resources that I can for them if they need it that seems to be something I tend to do for anyone. I know how to find them and sometimes people may not have the time etc. I hope if it can help anyone that it does so. I find it sad the number of people who find themselves in those places. I feel so strongly for them. Maybe some day I can put that to real use for others. On another note I have another friend who has finally found some happiness and I am so happy for them. There may be <3 a="" air="" all="" also="" always="" and="" awesome.="" beyond="" bit="" doing="" font="" for="" fortune.="" get="" good="" got="" great="" happiness="" hard="" has="" have="" in="" is="" it="" job="" just="" life.="" more="" nbsp="" negative="" of="" out="" own="" person="" positive="" put="" schooling="" see.="" seeing="" seems="" self="" similar="" situation="" so="" than="" the="" their="" them="" thing.="" this="" through="" time="" to="" which="" worked="">

 Hubby kept saying smile and honestly I felt like I was...
 then he caught me after that LOL  

In case you are wondering I don't tend to post pics of my kids anywhere other than on a private FB page for family and friends and on their own pages. My youngest doesn't have one yet but the older kids all got their own when they got old enough. So that is why you may not see them here except rarely.    I am getting excited about the local free fair. I dunno why it isn't like a big thing or anything but I really like it. Anyway I have a news related blog to do soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment