Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Slowing down

Things feel at the moment like they are slowing down some. I am at that in between point where you are still feeling like you need to be doing everything at the speed you were when everything was happening at a rapid pace. My mom is doing better. She seems more herself by a lot and doing a bit better every day though she does have a very messed up memory of everything that happened. Like she told the dr. I gave her some clothes to put on when she went to the hospital but she went in the clothes she was wearing that day and she remembers different things about the drs and such. Unfortunately just have to just sort of take everything day by day and see if there is more improvement and while doing so just have to keep a sharp eye on her. One of the big problems is the medical problem (a partial blockage of the intestine) is still there so I have to hope that it clears up and she doesn't get bad again. I've set her appts up with the eye dr for new glasses to see close up (since she had cataract surgery her vision has reversed from nearsighted to far) and her dentist (she had all her bottom teeth pulled and got a new plate but hasn't been able to wear it) She does have nurses coming over to help her with her med management and such and I hope she will still let me apply for some extra care for her. I know it would make us feel a bit better. As for myself with all the stress of the last month (hasn't even been a full month but it feels like a year) I am going through a lupus flareup. My lip has a fever blister that I usually only get with the bad ones (I HATE fever blisters) and it is all swollen and sore. I ache like crazy and I am constantly tired. Physically and mentally (and emotionally) exhausted. I hate being like that because I feel like I fall behind on everything else. I've been nauseous and don't feel like eating (I don't do well in the heat anyway) and I've had a headache for a few days now. I just want to go into a dark room and shut the world out for a bit and sleep....and dream. On another note I keep going on about the MP3 player my husband gave me (I am thinking about getting him one for christmas if I can swing it only maybe one with video?) anyway..... I love it. I also have a huge music list on the computer right now but this allows me to take my music with me and go dance (If I ever find energy again...) work on my crafts, or draw and paint. I also have a little tray table (breakfast table) that you sit on your lap that I found at a yardsale for super cheap and it looks brand new. It has a couple  of deals to hold like magazines on the sides and the center has a leaf that can be set at any angle you like. Perfect for me because I can be kind of picky about what angle I'm trying to work at when drawing. I've been drawing on 2draw.net and for some reason it keeps losing my 2nd layer on my drawings but I have them saved and just go finish them in artrage. A program I am still learning on. I am not as fluid with it but am learning quickly. It has different things like oil and watercolor that when used act just as the real mediums would. 
Later today if I am still awake enough I am going to see about lightening my hair and am hoping the pink will stay in it that I have in it now. eventually would love some blue or purple. Maybe for my birthday? Might get the tricolor stuff. 
Anyway I am hoping I can find relaxation again soon. It seems there is a lot of tension in the household at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment