Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Awareness, Economy, and other news

 Helicopter we saw flying over the local grocery store. Had a lot of low flying ones around lately and they are LOUD

 baby mockingbird that my hubby found lifeless and floating in the water. Honestly thought this little guy was a goner but stuck him under a heat lamp and he was doing fine after that. Turned him loose and he was able to fly away. I've done a lot of animal rescues off and on through the years and really enjoy it to see them able to return to the wild and do great :) 


First off a couple of things 1. I can be followed on facebook at 
http://www.facebook.com/Felistormdragon (my public profile where I share my art and such)  and 2. This is Lupus Awareness Month as well as arthritis (Rheumatoid) awareness month. I missed Sjogren's awareness month last month but as I have all 3 of these immuno diseases I want to share that and raise awareness on the subject. Read more on it at Lupus Foundation of America http://www.sjogrens.org/ and Rheumatoid arthritis I have found out that this runs on my Mother's side of the family and am learning to live with it (and not just survive though I am a survivor by all means) While a lot of people with these have to take a lot of different medications I am very lucky right now to only be taking one as my dr. was one who wanted to treat the symptoms as they came (this also helps because with lupus you constantly develop new allergies and problems and medications can prove dangerous...my sister had an allergic reaction to one of the most commonly given medications Prednisone and cannot take it and they were also fearful that I might do the same) I do take medications for pain when I have to but have found that staying mobile with low impact exercise does help (belly dance is great but been unable to do it lately) and taking it easy when you need to. It is mainly on my mind right now because I am having a flare up lately and I hurt a lot. It is hard for me to slow down when I am going through this but I sorta have to. Anyway with that out of the way...
I am still paying attention to the news as always just not as closely as normal (for me anyway I am a news addict so my normal is like a rabid need for the news LOL) Paying attention to the problems in Greece and Spain (the fall of the Euro and from what I am hearing the beginning of a domino effect. Greek crisis Euro zone gas prices locally seem to be falling a small bit which helps. Where a couple of my friends are in another state (temporarily) they are still up at almost $5.00 Still something to keep an eye on.
I have recently taken up being a volunteer somewhat and collect and report rain amounts. I do other reporting too like this but am unable to talk about that in any detail as it is confidential. (Kind of like secret shopper in a way but yet not LOL)  I enjoy doing things like that when I can. It may not be much but I feel like I am doing something in a way. 
I really hope also to find a way to organize my days so that I can actually get some more art done. O.o I have several started but unfinished pieces going mostly digital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment