Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Allergy testing done

Well thankfully that is over with. Wasn't too bad just the wait but I can't blame them really for that. Short handed and being given more patients than they had room for so were having to clean up rooms to have a place to put them. I really like the nurse there. She seems really familiar to me and is super nice. Has a southern thing going on. Lots of Oh Honey and Bless your heart. Very sweet lady. They did I think 110 on my back of the scratch test. They first number it and do it in sections for like 3 different types I think and then when she went to do the little needles I think it only took her up to 2 minutes at the very most to do them all. Had a rhythm going. Poke plunk poke plunk (plunking them into the box)

Hubby and I were bored so he took photos so I could see what it looked like while waiting. Most of these weren't as bad as I'd feared thankfully but again had a few that were bad enough to be pretty noticeable  (Cedar is on my side) 


Turns out I am very highly allergic to Cedar which is what I suspected and which is what likely caused my RAD (Reactive airway disease) to act up so badly and sent me into the ER and caused so much of a problem while they were pollinating. Thankfully they are pretty much done and I've been able to breathe pretty normal here lately. I am also on inhalers which help and take Zyrtec at night. Plus  now on the D3 which the dr. told me to go ahead and take all of them at once with a good sized meal. (I have to take a mega dose because of being so low) Then they moved on to the arm test and that was like 12 spots I think. Of course the usual suspects like Ragweed and weeds and all.
 H is the histamine which is something you are supposed to react to and my Weed was as high as that. RW is ragweed. 


Can't see the rashes very well due to lighting but you can see where some had started to go down. They did bleed a little. The only real discomfort was a couple of sensitive spots but mostly the itching. You can't touch them.

 I found out I do have some food allergies but not enough to stop me from eating those foods by themselves but interestingly they are the same foods that set of my IBS and that is likely why. So something to not eat too much of.  Anyway found some food allergies I would not have even guessed.  Today I am just sore all over my back. Tiny bit bruised on my arm where they did the salt water control spot. Otherwise I'd recommend it if you suffer allergies and would like to know what to avoid. I was told shots would be a good idea but not sure on two things. 1. Since I have lupus and RA they are not generally recommended for those people so I need to ask more about that and 2. I'd have to go in weekly for 5 years. Got to make sure that would be feasible for us. We really need a better vehicle. The one we are driving now needs repairs BAD. Our actual vehicle needs repairs as well. Sucks.
Anyway that is pretty much the news health wise other than my Mom has a bunch of questions for me to help her with when she goes in to the dr. here soon. Her nurses suspect Parkinsons. We'll see what we can find out. As for me I am just having to decide about the allergy shots (tempting due to the severity of my problems this last cedar fever season) or if there are alternatives I can use since I do have lupus and RA. Either way I feel like I can better understand what was going on now and can work on doing something about it. Sometimes people mistake my talking about my health issues as my being obsessed with them or I've been accused of being a hypochondriac. (I think I'll listen to the medical professionals who actually KNOW what is going on.) In actuality I do unfortunately have a host of health issues which can reflect off one another. I am simply looking for answers and ways to make things better. As I've said before I am not a person who likes being idle. I thrive on productivity in whatever way I can accomplish that.  In regards to my kids I have every hope that they do not have the health issues that I have. So far they are pretty healthy and I am grateful. I also put my health issues out there because I know when I was trying to learn more about them it sometimes helped to hear from others with the same problems to know how they dealt with them. It sometimes helps you to know you are not alone and that they CAN be dealt with that all is not lost. I like to explore the possibilities and not just focus on the "well this sucks" aspect of it all. So far I consider myself lucky. A lot of people with the lupus and such are on a ton of medications. I've been lucky enough NOT to be as of yet. I don't like long term medications. I will take them if necessary but only if I need them. I would rather manage through a healthier lifestyle (Something I want my kids to learn as well) when and where possible. 

It is hard enough to accept that somedays I just will not have the Oopmh to do what I want or need to. 


We've had a lot we've had to put off the last month so we are really behind on our goals but with the nicer weather and having a much better idea what was going on with my health..as well as having court and all behind us. We are in hopes that we can finally move forward and maybe play some catch up now. The kids all have their testing they have to do for end of the school year. (Only downside to the online schooling) So we are having to work around that as well it is the time of year for the yearly check ups and reviews on things. We are hoping to get something done before the weather heats up too much and we can SEE some progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment