Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Ball ready to start rolling

 rainbow I tried to add on here before
 smoke out by the hospital when I was leaving


Well after a long bout of constantly being sick I may be on the edge of being able to get back to good health. I wound up seeing an allergist which actually is helping more than anything else at the moment. I've spent about 3 weeks unable to get a good breath and incredibly ill. Very frustrated too as I've said before I hate being unable to be as active as I'd like. I am so tired constantly right now and feel like no matter what I do I can't get enough rest etc. Well so far I've found out I am dangerously vitamin D deficient. Soooo working on that. Have to take mega doses of that to bring it back up. Partly due to the fact that I am lactose intolerant (though I will still divulge in a bit of ice cream every now and then knowing the consequences) and I will use lactaid milk when I need to use milk for anything other than cooking. Stuff is expensive though. My youngest has to have it as well. Also due to the fact that I've been getting serious allergy reactions when I go outside I've had to stay indoors mostly (well plus it has been cold and I don't do cold) anyway so hopefully I can get that brought back up. It can cause some serious health issues such as rickets, breathing problems, weakened bones, etc. Plus a drop in immune system which I had to begin with so essentially right now I have no immune system. On the good side of it though I should start to feel a lot better as my levels increase. Will be checking back in to see how they are doing since it is something that has to be watched. On another note I am going to be doing allergy testing which should also help once I know what all to avoid and such. I may be needing allergy shots (am hoping that I don't and it is just things I can avoid that I am allergic to....well I can hope anyway) because if I need the allergy shots this means going in every week for 5 years. Blah. Though it may help just to know for sure what all I am allergic to. I hate health issues. We've had a lot of things we've had to put off here lately and I basically feel like we've lost a month. I want to move on with our lives. I don't want to just talk about it or dream about it I want to DO it.  Hopefully this next month will be much more productive. We've jumped a couple of hurdles so that should help. Really just waiting to see what is going to happen with the testing and if I need the shots because we'll have to keep that in mind. Always something. Anyway here is to hoping for better health and better progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment