Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Water ...or lack there of

I'd been wondering about the lake levels as of late especially knowing that we are in an ongoing drought. Last night after watching a news story on Norman doing water rationing and showing photos of Lake Thunderbird I decided to research it some myself and we are really not doing so well water-wise.....Or Drought wise.... Apparently this drought is expected to go on for several more years. I put a bunch of the information on my facebook and decided I needed to blog it as well. 

and....as I go to find the stories I'd found I find that facebook is continuing to twiddle with the timeline and I can't find crap on it. :/ soooo anyway here is me doing the research all over again. 

Drought Monitor Oklahoma is under Exceptional or Extreme almost entirely....without an end in sight (even though we have gotten a little rain over the last couple of days it was not enough to even make a dent though it was very welcomed) 
Drought expectations D3 Extreme drought major crop or pasture losses;Extreme fire danger;Widespread water shortages or restrictions.....and yet we still have people around here burning stuff. 
Fox 25 story on Norman water restrictions and Thunderbird low lake levels. The photos remind me of the photos we took of Tecumseh lake awhile back. We haven't been by in awhile to see it. Need to go sometime.
More on Lake Thunderbird There are more photos and details here 
Lake Hefner all time low down about 17 feet. 
I will be continuing to watch the news stories on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment