Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to the Grind

Starting tomorrow we are going back to our regular schedule somewhat. The kids have to start their schooling back up and hoping since we have the new router to keep them going a bit better this time. Starting back to having to do drs appts and such which actually take up way more of our time than I'd like. Getting ready to start on a few really big projects and I'm excited and anxious to get things going. Tired of waiting and the frustration of the unknown keeps me in an aggravated state. 
Speaking of aggravated I had decided to start dieting again and then decided against it. I think I'd rather like to stick to paying more attention of WHAT I eat as well as portion sizes and how much energy I put out in a day. (exercise) I think those are more important. Trying to keep my blood sugar at certain levels. Drinking more water (flavored only slightly by fruit juice or tea....which I just realized I forgot to get at the store...Grrrr) and making sure the water is the first thing I consume every day. We'll see how this goes. When I am calorie counting I find I get hungry easier where as when I am not I don't really eat as much and also I get bitchier. So that is not a good side effect. So anyway mainly awareness seems to be a key thing for me. The water with fruit juice thing seems to work out great for me because I am actually drinking water which is something I've always had a hard time with and I need to anyway with my Sjogren's. :/   
I think I've decided part of the reason I am not a fan of winter besides the fact it tends to be cold and bleak ....is that is also when all the lovely illnesses emerge from whatever dormant plague state they were in and abound. Flu, stomach bugs, etc. The Noro virus especially. This nasty lil bug leaves you with a whole new idea of what it means to have the 'runs', projectile vomiting, and very intense pain by the time you are done you are very weak and just want to curl up and die peacefully. Much worse than the normal stomach viruses I've ever encountered. This one left me with a terrifying fear of it. I seriously freak out and we start using hand sanitizer on the shopping cart handles etc. My oldest daughter's household got it and I banned her from our house til they were all over it. It is that bad. Apparently it seems to always come in off the cruise ships and it is getting worse every winter. (another thing if cold is supposed to be good for keeping germs down just as using boiling water etc is then why is it that they always come out in the winter and not during the warmth of summer ? ) Anyway apparently it is rampant in the UK right now. (please click on UK for the link) More information here from the CDC. Wash your hands people!!! 
Right now our household is suffering from more of a sinus cold type thing that is also going around. Thankfully I don't have it but I am still taking preventative measures (taking vitamin C and hand washing etc) Hoping that continues to help. 
I am so ready for spring all ready. I'll take the nice weather we have coming in next week though. I don't have to tell my son twice to play outside some but my oldest daughter still at home needs more than a little encouragement. She used to be very outdoorsy and now not as much. My youngest though needs some energy burning time. She does not do well with all this indoor stuff. 
I am anxious to turn a new page in my life and as I've said before I hate the wait.
In the mean time hubby and I have been playing Nancy Drew games which sound like they'd be a kids game but they are actually a nice puzzle type thing that makes you think and a fun story line that leads you through it. I have a hard time in winter also because I swear I feel like hibernating. :/ Don't want to do much of anything....or rather I do but when I am cold I don't feel like moving 

No comments:

Post a Comment