Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Challenging myself

To try drawing new things. I had done a commissioned dog before but this time tried a pug. Had gotten most of the way (almost entirely) done and then lost the drawing due to Java trying to update. One problem with digital art. Though I keep coming back to it because I truly enjoy it. I need to do more non-digital paintings and drawings. I have found some methods I can apply to my paintings that I use in digital art so not all bad. ;) 
 Crab that I did today. Not 100 percent on this one but it was a challenge and I enjoyed it. I also discovered crabs aren't so easily done digitally. Some things I could have done better on paper are the bumps and details in the shell as well as the facial features. It is easier to control what you are doing. When I am drawing digitally sometimes the details are really harder to accomplish than you would think. You can't just make say little dots. It doesn't always put them down (you have to tap several times) and it doesn't make a dot it makes more like a tiny line which you must then build into a dot using the colors around it. *I.E. it can be a pain* I think that was why I always liked my pen and pencil and such is I could make those tiny details no problem. In any case I am trying to push myself a bit in that area. As well as with my exercising. I am working past the point where I am tired and don't want to continue to where it will get easier at that point and then push a bit further. On another note I lucked out the other day. My youngest came bursting in the door after school and was all excited telling me to grab the camera and come outside fast! I was like Oh Gawd what is it LOL So I am trying to rush after her and she is telling me there is an eagle in the tree. I found out it was a hawk instead but still pretty awesome I managed to get some good pics of it and she was super thrilled. 


This hawk was in the 50ft cotton wood tree behind our house :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment