Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Busy Bee





Hello Blog. I haven't forgotten you I've just been busy surviving spring break. With all the joys of siblings being cooped up in the house because it is raining. Yay me. In other news it was much needed rain and it filled the local lake 1/4 of the way though they say we will still continue to use Shawnee water for awhile because they say if we started using just our lake water we'd be out again by May. We set an old sink at the top of the rainbarrel to help funnel the water in better as it rained. Our chicken coop became flooded so we had to make a makeshift pen under the carport and relocate several bedraggled birds til it slowed enough we could do something with their coop. Now that we are having our first sunny day I am trying to catch up on laundry and I've done about 4 loads and have them out on the line. I'm seriously starting to look into bicycles for us. Not sure how hubby feels about this at the moment though I've mentioned wanting to get a seat for the youngest to put on one and he keeps telling me there is one out at his parent's house that we can get but that is the extent of it. The vehicles we have don't run very well as is and we probably need the exercise though on a day like today I know I'd have a hard time of it. Too tired, head hurts, brain fog going on. If the price  of gas continues to rise it is going to be looking better and better to get a bike and I'd rather get one now while we can before they start jacking up prices on them because a lot more people seem to be getting the same idea. Just gotta figure out how to work that with the little one and in bad weather that could prove not to be so handy. 
On the gardening front things are still moving rather slowly for now but I've replanted some of one of my girls' plants. She seems to have quite a green thumb. I am getting anxious for the local greenhouse to open so I can maybe check out some of their plants and get some tomatoes that have all ready been started going. (still doing some stuff from seeds though because I need to learn) 
I'm also trying to expand on my art now. I've got a watercolor pencil set, a regular drawing set, and some pastels coming my way to start working with. I am hoping for some extra (if you want to call it extra) income for us. I think I am also going to be painting another piece of furniture for a friend soon. I do enjoy that as well. Just have to make sure I have all the paints I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment