Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

More poetry (I had them in and old blog)


osted:   Aug 31, 2006 10:31 PM  
Soft caress on my skin
so sweet as to almost cause pain
stirring a well deep within
so long it has dormant lain

wake me from my slumber
not a restful sleep
through nightmares do I lumber
into the darkness so very deep

my soul rests here somewhere
bound in chains and hidden away
it has been stored there
for forever and a day

protect myself from more salt
poured into my wounds that still bleed
not looking to find a fault
just warnings that I heed

freedom I fear to feel
so locked up inside I stay
wishing to begin to heal
while at the seams I fray

find me a path to follow
paper lanterns to light the way
give me a new truth to swallow
teach me how to play

hold me tight as the salt flows
I struggle against the grip
til the need to run slows
and my fears begin to slip



Posted:   Aug 31, 2006 10:18 PM  
Reflections on the surface
red of liquid fire
ripples on the glass
orange orb goes to retire

beyond the world's edge it sinks
lady of the lake bids me fare the well
stars begin to blink
holding me in their spell

velvet wrapped earth inviting me to be
intoxicated by the scene at hand
dancing with glee
drawing scenes in the glittering sand

sipping the nectar of life
drinking it in with out holding back
no longer any strife
no happiness will I lack

No comments:

Post a Comment