Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Where to start?

I just finished playing with the design of my blog. I hadn't paid much attention to it since I first signed up but I have been really wanting to start blogging again and I like the set up. I recently started using google chrome and am finding so far I like all things google. :) The only problem I had was trying to use the deviantart gadget which does not want to cooperate. Thought it might be cool to put some of my art up here. I don't want to get into anything too deep just yet but will soon enough. Today is a laid back day. It has been raining and overcast which I normally love but with too much of that going on the mosquitos are out in full force. They love me. I can't say I return the feelings.
 Here is some of my long lost poetry from allpoetry.com


Bound

dark tendrils of pain envelope my soul
wrapping themselves tightly they constrict my being
in my heart is a gaping hole
which noone else is seeing
I walk on shards of glass glittering in the sun
I run through nightmares in the dark
The tears fall the blood may run
looking for a moment in my life to spark
the desire to go on
to pull the curtains on my past
I don't want to be anyones pawn
I want to see happiness and comfort at last
but each soft stroke ends only with a slash
another tendril wraps tightly around my heart
a whispered word of hope only becomes a tongue lash
that tears me apart
I shiver in the cold and wish for a warm touch
that never comes. Hopes always shatter
there is no sense of security or anything of such
I try to pretend it doesn't matter
after a little while I encompass the pain
it is all I will ever know
It will never wane or be the same
it dims that inner glow
I know now that I am bound
chains of the past that haunt me inside
chains of the emotions that I drown
chains of pain hold me down. 

Thinking Back

raindrops softly tap
against the glass
blanket on my lap
hoping this blue mood will pass
thoughts of softer moments
inviting themselves in
daydreams of sentiment
trying to think back to a time when
true happiness did abound
yet within my own depths I search
and little is to be found
running fingertips along the smooth white birch
wading through a sea of wheat
exploring the canyon and the wood
in the summers heat
I go back there if I could
running through the shade
crunching last years leaves
resting in a glade
playing make believe
life now is all to real
and it seems so often
that pain is all I feel.
and so for now I will remember when
things were simpler and things small
caught my eye and beauty abounded
I saw mystery in all
and was always astounded.

nighttime at a lake

satin sheets of midnight blue
settle across the sky in darkened hue
in the fading horizon
the fire kisses its reflection
blazing ripples race
across the waters face
enshrouded by scented pines
crickets chirping sound divine
glittering confetti tossed into the air
face of a godess with skin so fair
looking down apon the great expanse
with a loving glance

....(don't know what to call it)

velvet rose petals crushed together
absent of thorns
kiss of honeysuckle nectar
silken caress
heat of the shining sun
and cool of the harvest moon entwined
soft breath that of promises
sweet and warm
teasing as of a summer breeze
electricity of a coming storm
seduction of a soul
beauty uncomprehending
threatening to devour whole
enveloped in timelessness
trembling throughout
absence of fear
and of doubt
intensity blazing
comprehension fades
serenity amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment