Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's hot in Topeeeeeeeeeeeeeka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_IlsPypwZs   < Hot in Topeka from Fosters where the title of this blog came from. My favorite fosters episode.

Yes it is hot again. The temperature right now is 94 degrees.... the heat index is 109. It is supposed to be like this all week. Nothing new for Oklahoma but still with the humidity it isn't the most pleasant of weather. Hot with a strong chance of mosquitoes. I don't do heat. I always thought Germany had good weather. I lived there for a couple of years and loved it. Usually seemed to run between 70-80 degrees. Not too hot not too cold. I recently talked to my friend from there and she said it was what would translate to 100 here. They are not happy and I can't blame them.
My baby girl ran a fever all night last night. I am sure I was irritating her because I had stuck her in bed with us again and kept shifting her around so she wasn't covered up too much and checking on her. Today her fever broke and she seems to be feeling okay though I feel like crud. I called her doctor because I've been told this looks like the mumps and I have to agree. It does. They are going by what the urgent care said even though no tests were done and urgent care really didn't have an answer. They just gave me the closest they could find. So I've been told now to continue with the antibiotics which lasts until tomorrow and then by Friday morning if she still runs fever any to call them back and they will start a new type of antibiotics. Baby girl has got to get better. Mommy and Daddy are going nuts with worry.
On another note we had crab last night for dinner and steak. Hubby had found a box of snow crab at the store and thought we'd try something new. We got the crab out of the box to prepare to steam it and one of the legs had some eggs on it. One of my girls Jessie was standing there watching while holding Abby. We love to pick on Jessie ...endlessly...she makes it so easy for us to do this LOL She is quick witted and easily embarrassed.
 

She asked what the eggs were. I told her crab eggs most likely but I wasn't sure. Then she was like Ooooh I am so not touching that leg. We then informed her this was now her crab leg. "EEEEEWWWWWWW Mom! Wait..... What if they hatch....oh wait can we keep them if they hatch?"
" Yes they would be miracle crabs if they hatch in a pot of boiling water. "
"Are you sure it is crab eggs?" 
"Who know's? Maybe it is octopus eggs? Have you heard the story about that? " LOL   Dinner itself was awesome though. Crab, steak, and broccoli with cheese. I sliced up some grapes for baby girl who has decided that the stuff on her high chair tray is ammunition not food. She will pick up a piece and examine it carefully. If it does not meet her criteria which I wish I knew what that criteria was...she drops it carefully over the side of the high chair tray only to pick up the next piece to examine. Paper, pieces of tissue, most generally anything that is not supposed to go in the mouth meets her criteria though. I have been convinced this child has super vision because she can spot a microscopic piece of whatever after the floor has been vacuumed. Baby girl has decided it is nap time so off I go for now.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO :D Just wait I'll wind up having to post the hot tamale song next LOL <3 You!

    ReplyDelete