Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 elections ....WTH is wrong with these people???

Okay I have been getting more upset and more upset as I continue to read what these people have in mind for the future of our country and what they use to advertise that. Lets start with Mr. Randall Terry. He is running for democratic president. Now if you are from another state you might not have run across his campaign ads but a lot of people were exposed to them during the super bowl apparently...I do not watch football so I guess I missed out...(Thankfully!!!) but the other night as my hubby and I were in the middle of our nightly watch tv on the couch together and wind down thing that we do (Person's of Interest was the choice of show for the night) we start seeing a ticker across the bottom of the screen warning about a commercial that would be showing and that it warned against children seeing it and that the channel HAD to show the commercial....yada yada yada. Well we wait and the normal commercials come on so we are going wha???? Next thing you know there is now a full screen warning but at this point we were curious because we had not heard anything about this and figured it was prime time television on a local channel could it really be so shocking? Turns out it could. It starts out with a scene where President Obama is wearing robes (like choir robes) and talking to a group of people and then suddenly cuts away to this speech about how Obama is a baby killer who promotes abortion and birth control and starts showing images of dead babies on the screen. I about lost it. I myself have lost a child and this affected me more than I realized but even the next day I did not want to turn on the television for fear of coming across one of those commercials. I have since found out he bought a bunch more air time which he is going to be showing to a select group ...I think like 40 channels or something??? List of channels and times so you can be forewarned... Watch out list I can't remember in any case I do know that we are one of the places and I now get to look forward to seeing this if I try to watch evening news or Person's of Interest. When I went and read this mans page to leave an upset comment (or three so far) I also read what his wife says to tell children if they should see the commercial. This is his page Randall Terry campaign page  Apparently someone else who commented had a 10 year old son and this person had had a miscarriage recently and the son had glimpsed some of the commercial which upset him greatly. I can only imagine. This is the page for what his wife says to tell children Crazyness  This is a snippet of what she says: When they say these pictures are disgusting, agree with them. And then apply that same logic to other social atrocities that we
have already defeated. Use logic and words like this:
"Yes, we think that whipping your black slave is a bad idea....but we DO NOT EVER want to see the pictures of the slaves' scarred
backs because those pictures are upsetting."
"Of course you would never personally gas a Jew....but what one person chooses to do with their own Jew is up to them. And after
the Jew is dead, we do NOT want to see pictures of the dead Jews." (That's just downright offensive! And, rightly so.)
"Yes, we too object to children working in coal mines....but really....those pictures should NEVER be seen....it might actually change
the laws....and then how would we heat our homes?" 
Seriously -- children working and dying in coal mines was the problem, not how people heated their homes. Likewise, the crime of
murdering unborn babies is the issue here, not any other ancillary issue someone can come up with.Really? Comparing the babies to the holocaust? To a child? WTF??? Okay. One's opinion about abortion and whether they are against it or Pro-choice (Not Pro-abortion as some people put it trying to make it sound like people who are Pro-choice are just wanting to go out and kill babies...people who are Pro-choice believe it is a woman's choice....) is their own opinion but this man took it to a whole different level. To me my own personal beliefs are that it is not something I would choose for myself unless my life were at stake and even then I'd try every route possible to save both lives. I never thought I'd be facing that choice but when I became pregnant with my son having Trisomy 18 (full) I had drs pushing me to get it done and my husband and I decided almost immediately that we wanted to carry through with the pregnancy and we were prepared (as we could be) for his loss or if he were to live (which is very rare for Trisomy 18 babies and if they do they usually die within the first year or are severely handicapped mentally and physically) then we were prepared to deal with everything as it came. For more on Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13 please go to http://www.trisomy18.org In any case that has heavily affected my point of view on this issue as there are so many parents on those boards having to make that very difficult choice as if they carry on they are normally faced with basically watching their child struggle every day until they die. The ones that have Mosaic Trisomy 18 though usually do fairly well despite handicaps. There are a very rare few with full that make it very far and they have health issues themselves but that doesn't mean their parents love them any less (they are normally girls). While I would not make that choice for myself I cannot condemn those who had to make that choice for themselves. That is my perspective on it. Also with a Mom who worked a lot of different aspects of the nursing field she worked as an OB nurse for a long time and has some stories to tell. When she became pregnant with me I was delivered by the dr she worked for. (one of them) I know that there are situations in which that (abortion) can be the best decision. Now the women who use it as birth control I don't agree with at all. ...
Anyways on to my next candidate: Rick Santorum. He himself has a Trisomy 18 daughter of about 3 if I read right. (at first I thought he was talking about someone else's) He used her as an example of why Insurance should not pay (in some places he said pay fully) for Amniocentesis....um having been through this himself I would not have expected this. I find this ridiculous. His opinion is that Amnio (or other prenatal tests) promote the idea of abortion yet even he himself said the drs push it. That is what I ran into. The drs DID push it. I will agree with that but I don't agree that it means you will decide to have an abortion. We didn't, I know a lot of people who didn't. I have another friend with a beautiful little mosaic trisomy 18 girl who is quite the handful and joy that didn't. I think he needs to rethink this. I think he needs to do something more with the drs that won't do anything to help a child with such a genetic health defect or disability. We had them pretty much sit there during my labor and tell us how they wanted to make sure we knew our baby was going to die. We fully understood that but we wanted our last few moments to not be like that. The predominant problem with Trisomy 18 is a heart condition. They could look into that. I think for him to assume that getting rid of the testing would get rid of abortions though? Not happening. The testing to me gives the parents a chance to know what they are dealing with and for us they did two ultrasounds (well 3 technically) before they even decided to do the amnio. It was a choice and we wanted to know what we were facing. Either way we had to prepare for an unfortunate and early loss of a child OR we had to prepare for the health care of a child who would need a tremendous amount of it. This is his article: CNN article He also recently attacked the current presidents beliefs....erm those are whose business? I am hearing alot of reference to religious beliefs and last time I checked there is supposed to be separation of church and state. This country is supposed to be a melting pot of cultures, beliefs etc. Then again we have a long history of forcing that on others even though the original settlers supposedly came over here to get away from all that...except they weren't really the originals.... There were people here all ready. That is a whole different topic though. Then there is this little beautyYahoo news Santorum (this also covers his attack) but something else he says caught my eye... This section: Santorum has said that he wouldn't try to take away the birth control pill or condoms but that states should be free to ban them. He told a Christian blog last year that as president he would warn the nation about "the dangers of contraception" and the permissive culture spit encourages. He's also questioned whether women should be in combat and said that "radical feminists" have undermined the traditional family by "convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to happiness." 

Okay first of all did I miss something? What century are we in again? Where the hell is it radical for some women to want to accomplish professional goals rather than family ones? Or is it radical for men too?? I think he missed the boat there. Just because a woman does not want to stay home and be a housewife does not mean she's being all radical. Just the same if a man decides that he DOES want to do so. "Dangers of Contraception" and permissive culture? WTH???? Erm okay there has been a lot of this going on in politics lately. I think this is a bunch of BS myself because something else they are not considering is 1. Contraceptives are not only used by women (and hey guess what ??!!....men too if you count condoms!!) who are single and into multiple partners....they are also used by married women who have decided no more children right now or whose uterus needed a break or they didn't have the money to support any or more than what they have. I suppose that is promiscuous too...2. Women or even young adults who need to regulate their hormones. In some cases depending on the cause and effect ...women who lose too much blood (yeah TMI but important in this case) can become very anemic and this is one of the biggest remedies for those who have hormonal issues is to go on the pill for awhile to regulate things. Hormonal imbalances can become quite serious for some women. 3. Sometimes for ovarian cysts to keep them under control. ...oh and guess what in those last two examples sometimes the women ''gasp" aren't even sexually active!!! Those are only a few examples there are plenty more reasons. A woman can be on birth control for reasons other than just birth control. Besides what is wrong with birth control? To me it helps prevent abortions in some cases!!!  If anything birth control should be even more widely available. This is being used in some foreign countries to help with over population where there are food shortages and such also. You have a problem with women in combat? WTH? I think if they are willing to risk their lives for this country let them. OH I am a little amused by the typo from the article. "The permissive culture *spit* encourages" heheheh :) Okay and now on to Mitt Romney (I so far have not found a decent candidate and am disgusted by them all....) The man seems to have the same beliefs as the others and I now know him as the candidate who can't even take care of a dog right....I will probably have a lot more to say on this subject.




No comments:

Post a Comment