Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2016

July-Aug 2016

So time again for an update I suppose. I've not stopped with my weight loss journey and I'm so happy right now with it. No stopping now! These first two pics were taken outside my mom's house. The first in Feb. 2016 the 2nd was March 2016. (I have a current photo under this first set)  I was uncomfortable, miserable, didn't feel like my body reflected at all who I felt I was inside. I had tried and failed several times to lose the weight because I was focusing on exercise more than diet. (though I thought I was eating healthy at that point I've learned a lot since then) I would get frustrated because I'd do really well only to have some health issue that prevented me walking or doing my exercises. What I'm doing now doesn't depend on it though it does help. I cut out pop, any added sugar and salt, am eating about 80/20 whole clean foods. I've mainly cut out gluten which causes health issues for me though I'm bad about eating a fried chicken wing when we get it while out. that is the one thing I really give in to which is bad and I feel it later. I've been making my own to take away that craving and so I can still eat it on occasion. (gluten free) I walk a lot. I've increased my steps from 2 or 3000 up to 5000 and then up to around 10000 a day.. sometimes 12,000. (I do play Pokemon Go LOL just something to do while I walk anyway plus fun)  Me currently end of July 2016 So much happier and feeling more like ME again. I haven't felt that way in such a long time. I'm only just beginning too. I want to tone my arms and stomach. My legs are toning some just from the walking. I hit a plateau at one point and got frustrated of course but seeing other people hit those and then move on helped keep me going and this last month I'm losing a lb a week at least and sometimes more. 





 I do fitbit challenges and belong to a couple of groups on FB but mostly I do it myself now. It is good to have guidance in the beginning and always good to have people around who are going through it as well to keep support and moral up. 
I do still have health issues of course. Some are lessening. Some we are trying to figure out. I have a head tremor that the dr is concerned about. The medication she put me on isn't working so I have to have an MRI and trial of Parkinson's meds. My mom has Parkinson's and I'm worried about this. Hoping it is something less complicated. I was evaluated for Aspergers (high functioning autism) and it is believed at this point that I have it though they weren't sure if they could really diagnose it officially due to early onset PTSD which has the same symptoms. though there is enough there that my dr strongly believes I have it. The only thing this means is that as I grew up I learned to deal with it. It actually means for me it is actually more amazing I survived everything I went through and I shouldn't discredit myself as much as I do. (I still do sometimes though I tend to put myself down) I look back and realized not only did I go through so much I did a lot of dealing with it by myself. Not anything I'd wish on anyone and I still tend to deal with things myself. I may vent on here but that is about the extent of it. I guess where that comes in is I can look at something and go Okay you survived this that shouldn't be that hard. (doesn't always work but sometimes helps me get through) I also have ADD. I was recently put on medication for that. In fact just started it today so we'll see if it helps me keep focus enough to do what I need to do. I'm hoping. I'm also having vision problems at the moment but I see the eye dr next week and hopefully that will be dealt with. I just don't like letting anything go so that it can grow into a larger problem and sometimes I don't have a choice about it and it bothers me. One of my cats this last week. A cat that I consider sort of my therapy cat a little manx named Nimbus had a stroke. I rely on Nimbus and Houdini as far as comfort when I'm down and going through hard times. I thought I was going to lose her. I was so upset. I started giving her water in the corner of her mouth through a straw and putting a little food in the same way and after a few days not only is she eating and drinking on her own she has become mobile enough to go to another room. She ventured into the living room for the first time today. I think she's going to be okay. I'm so very grateful to still have her around. I <3 font="" fuzzy.="" my="" nbsp="">
School will be starting soon for my youngest. She's getting bored so it's about time. My son is out til Sept. My oldest daughter is getting closer to her due date and I think she's more than ready for it to get here. I have a family reunion coming up. (my 2nd time to see my long lost sister that I only learned of this last year :D ) I get to see my favorite cousin too I think plus other people I've not seen in forever. My 2nd oldest is due in October she's getting so excited. (this is her first) I have to travel to another town out of my comfort range for the delivery for her but it will be so worth it. 
I am currently working on some projects ;) Can't post pics of those yet. Have a lot to do. If the add meds help my focus and I get my vision taken care of I want to work on just getting projects done nd starting to sell. That plan has been in the works for some time now. 
also hoping for cooler weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment