Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2014

Checking in

Haven't blogged in forever it seems like. As always been staying busy but so far it has been with good things so just hectic not stressful things. Hopefully it stays that way. I've been crocheting and loom knitting like crazy. Trying to teach myself new things with it. So far so good and it may turn into something more productive and lucrative I am really hoping on that one. 
 The orange is the one I made for my grandbaby both hats are from a "kit" which is basically a ball of yarn made up of different types of yarn and the ball that you have to sew on after and you wouldn't think they'd be that difficult but I had to take it apart several times to refix the size. 

The mannequin head is one of two my husband found at a flea market that he got to do headpiece jewelry with and I snagged this one :) I've gotten attached. I <3 :d="" a="" added="" as="" at="" be="" bigger="" bit="" daughter.="" font="" for="" had="" hat="" her="" i="" is="" it="" lol="" made="" modify="" more="" my="" needed="" one="" piercings="" pink="" so="" the="" this="" to="" top.="">

I am now working on a hat and scarf set for my MIL. The scarf I am doing on a long loom which is my first using that type of loom. It has come out really nice so far has a good weight to it and looks nice. Will put pics up when finished. May make gloves when done. I made myself a matching hat and glove set. (fingerless) and they are really warm. I made those with mohair yarn. I finished my 30 day Character challenge. There was a problem at the start with the site and there  were several people wanting to join but it was down so I wrote the creator who had been busy with other projects but checked into it and finally told us to go ahead and do it with the hashtag #30Characters so we did and I've enjoyed seeing the artwork of many that joined still :) It does get wearing towards the end. I now am going to try and get a couple of Christmas card drawings done and I have supplies to work on a special project after the holidays. I am very excited about this one. The only hint I can give as of yet is the idea comes from a type of painting my MIL found at Crackerbarrel. If it goes well it will be added to my list of possible inventory that I may try to get going to see if I can make an online store work. I would love to do that and get going a small business for myself if I can do that I can start working from home which would be a huge step forward for me and my family. I've wanted to be able to do something like that for a long time. Life has been on continual fast forward for sometime but I've noticed things going better and better and hope that is the pattern that continues. My son is hoping to start Gordon Cooper next year and get into airplane mechanics. I am hoping he gets his school work done etc and keeps his grades up so he can. (He is really smart he just gets bored sometimes) He is interested in coding too and he has been self teaching that and so far doing great with it. My grandbaby is growing so fast too. She is 7 months old and tried to take her first steps the other day (and nearly giving her Mom and Aunt a heart attack I think LOL) She has two teeth in now. Such a cutie. My 2nd oldest daughter has a job that it seems she really likes which is something I think is really great. She just got promoted too which is awesome. Got a vehicle and so far life seems to be going better for them too. My oldest is doing a little work for others too. My youngest daughter has been learning lots of songs from school for plays and such and she sings constantly which I think is great. Learning to read and write really quickly and just doing all around great. Still gets mistaken for being a lot older than she is which is always a weird feeling. (she wears clothing that fits an 8 yr old or so and may be in a 9 soon and she is just 5 1/2 she is just super tall and going to be a big girl) So all in all everyone is doing good. We have goals and plans of course and I think my next one includes a big repair we've been unable to do. (one of many) that I am excited to get done. May do photographs of that project too. 
 Some of the drawings I did for the 30 day challenge. Keep in mind these were done with a much shorter time frame to draw with and so were not the greatest quality but I enjoyed them. I think the Mermaid and octopus is one of my faves.

A mushroom person

 Laundry day (comic styling I was playing with) 

 This one I did mainly to play with the way the fins were.


No comments:

Post a Comment