Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

Year in review 2016 2nd 6 months

The 2nd six months held a lot as well.  
June: 

 soap holder I made. My mom didn't understand that you were supposed to keep the soap in it while bathing and it acts as a wash cloth LOL She thought it was ONLY for holding the soap in between :P



 magic show at the library


 The roses on this bush are always so bright

 zuchinni I think

 my youngest at 6 yrs old on her birthday with her "robot dog" (you press the buttons to make it walk) She has grown a lot just since this.

 Had a party at McDonalds for her. I actually pull muscles when I do this. Her sister is strong :) 


 looked much darker than this. Taken at the local grocery store.

 blanket I made for a friend that was expecting a lil one. :) She has been a precious addition to my life. Such a wonderful friend. <3 font="" nbsp="">

 butterflies on my catnip

 trumpet vine





 my son

 Trying out selfies LOL

 did a painting class. I still have a T-shirt with this hand print on it. It was fun.

My painting. I get called out on these pretty quick. They are always like you are an actual artist aren't you?! Like I am not allowed to do painting classes if I am LOL I just enjoy doing them and sometimes you can learn new things to add to what you all ready do. I've noticed there are a couple other artists too that like to go to these though :D 


 Gladiolas I love the variations in color of these


 my son took this one.




 My son's cat. She got lost one day she stays at his grandma's and she got out and it was a devastating day for us til we found her. We searched the neighborhood all day long and part of the night. Glad he has her back though. 



 bag that my son made at a class he gave it to my 2nd oldest :) 


 4th of July celebration in Shawnee. (they hold it early every year so that is why this fell on June)

 I may do more photos this year but I took mostly video. 

July: Unfortunately this is the month that my MIL was unable to live at home anymore. She is still nearby enough to visit which is good. ( I want to go see her more) but I miss our time over there. I really enjoyed just being able to go and kick back and visit. I always felt so relaxed over there and we get along great. Love my MIL. This became a rush rush thing of taking care of things that we got swept in. Still have things to take care of honestly. She is a bright spot in our lives. 
 pepper from my garden

 my youngest with her new glasses. She is supposed to wear them all the time but it is hard to make that happen. She does wear them at school though.

 My son with his. I haven't seen them on him in awhile. o.O I asked him where they were and he says in his room...(that doesn't say much)

My cannas

 Houdini. My furbaby

this was a bunch of temporary tattoos my youngest was putting them on us. I really actually want that octopus just in a different location like my hand by the thumb or something.

 Naked ladies that bloom in front of my mom's every year


 


 My stargazers that I love :) 







 The first movie I went and saw since 8 Legged Freaks (if that says anything for how long it had been) was Jurassic World. This year was full of first in a long time things for me. I went with my son because we didn't think my youngest would sit through it and my husband took her to an indoor play yard thing. He plans on taking her to a movie sometime or for us to try and do the dollar shows with all of us. Anyway this was the clouds when we came out.




  My stargazers

 my first and only time having Houdini on his harness. He does not like the outdoors and went promptly for the poison ivy. We may try again this year. He doesn't like it when I go out either. He will stand at the door and watch for me with his paws on it. 

I took a regular chair and removed the cushion. Then I used laundry line to crochet the center and connected it to the hoop as I went. I think in the future it needs smaller mesh type holes in it as it was stretchier than I wanted.

August: School started back up and we got into a routine with that. My son and I both started allergy shots and we have to go once a week for those. At the same time everything else was going on we also took a hard financial hit.
 my youngest with  a small toad she caught.

 Tecumseh lake


mushrooms holding water


 display at firelake


 This flower to me said a lot without saying anything. I see "signs" all the time in little things like this. Or maybe messages is a better word to choose.  It says strength, endurance, determination and an ability to pull through even hard circumstances. I saw it at a time when I needed it. 




 This is something I got prior to my birthday. I will 100 percent be doing this one again it is by far my fave and the one I think that most fits me in general. Not just appearance but personality wise too. We'll see how the purple/blue goes but this is my fave. I wanted to do it again but couldn't. 





 my son and I

 toad that my youngest found




 purple thistle

 our last time fishing for awhile probably but was enjoyable. 



  summer isn't summer without these guys

 blooming mint plants.

September: My birth month and the one with the biggest news for me by far. It was on my 40th birthday that I found out that I have another sister on my dad's side. We haven't gotten to visit much yet though we did get to meet. I hope that during the summer (when my agoraphobia seems to have a bit less of a hold due to the fact I'm in slightly less pain) maybe we can meet more. I also got to reconnect with at least one of my cousins. 
 tree frog my kids found outside hancock fabrics

 my grandbaby and my oldest

 painting I did for county fair I won 2nd this year






 on the wall at the county fair


 smokey's seen better days. 





 petting a guinea pig

 carousal 


 getting ready to head home after shots

 mushrooms cropping up


 paintings at downtown Tecumseh for Frontier days I spent most of my time at this hanging with my cousin. She is awesome. 


 parade

 wild bill 


 sat up to watch the eclipse 

 red spider lily that we planted the year before.

 maple leaf I made

one of my favorite gluten free meals. ;) Chicken breast with tomatoes and green onions. (I will eat tomatoes and green onions with pretty much anything)
October: Halloween! 
 another leaf I made 

 snowflake I plan on making some of these and putting them together as a blanket or something.

 spider web 

 if you look you can see some day of the dead ear rings with a necklace. I'd love to have gotten them but couldn't at the time.

 skull we made out of a mold  

 we make a stepping stone for my youngest son who passed of trisomy 18 every year this was his.

 these guys were all of the yard. They would spin webs long distances between the trees so that it was seeming they were just floating in the yard. Great for when you are out mowing. You don't want to run into them they are large spiders.



 spider I made this went to my MIL as a Christmas spider. I'd have liked to have added some green to him but didn't get to. 


 My youngest's artwork

 I am always fascinated by these as they are like colorful versions of Rosarch tests.

 My grandbaby

 Male black widow (non venomous apparently which I did not know)

 skirt I made and added feathers to.

 hat I made for my son. He is a brony (and proud of it) and he actually got a lot of compliments. His friends that he hangs with likes it too.


 My thrown together costume :) 





 

 my husband's costume

  pumpkin patch
 my youngest's alternative costume that she wore to school. This  was the top that was to go with the peacock tutu but she thought it was too scratchy and people liked the other shirt better in the end with it anyway :) 

There was also an airshow that month (I never finished uploading videos for that either) 
Where my husband got stuck for a lot of the airshow sadly. We went looking for him but he told us to go on. My youngest just can't seem to sit through things like that and we couldn't get her occupied with something closer so that he could watch more of it. I'd like to fix that next time.

 my son. This is what his goal is. He wants to get into aeronautics. He is strongly engineering minded and wants to get into building and working on the planes as well as getting a pilots license to fly.









November: 
 candy my youngest got



 painting I did for my 2nd oldest. I was so nervous about it. I had to improvise some. I had her pick out a picture she really liked of her and her fiance (I believe this was actually their engagement photo) and that was months before. I finished it before the wedding and that was their wedding present. They are a wonderful couple and I think she really picked a great guy. They are good together and take care of each other. :) Very happy for them. My oldest is now engaged to get married as well around the same time of the year. She found a great guy as well. :) 

 I didn't take a lot of photos as I video taped most of it.

 Happy Couple


 after a wind storm it blew this pine tree over onto the pole. Took forever but they came down and it is now on the ground.

This is a weaver nest that had been up in the cotton wood for a long time  that finally blew down

 they used plastic bags and such which made it very stretchy and sturdy.



Me.... losing the red before I went burghandy.
 my dad

 me and my grandbaby and my husband in the background



my cousin, me, my dad, my sister, and one of her grandkids.

 we missed seeing some family members as we showed up kinda later but we are to have a larger meeting this summer. This was in Maud first time going there in many years. Thankfully a short drive. I was having full on anxiety attacks before hand but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. I had gone back on wheat for a bit too. I was not doing well health wise and was telling the effects for sure. I get bloaty (look preggo ) my face swells, stomach issues, dizzy, headaches, swollen glands , etc. Just so sick. Partly due to malabsorbtion of vitamins as well. I was found to be anemic after this too. Have gone off it and am all ready doing somewhat better. 
December: 


large wolf spider my husband and youngest found outside the dollar store

 just loved the brilliant colors of this

sunset


 just to show how tall my 6 year old is to me. I am short at 5'4 (or 5'3 depending on where I get measured) and she is all ready up to there on me. 

 little bit of ice




 definitely preferred the red. ;) 



Me Christmas eve. up late and tired but had a great day next day.

In reflection there were a lot of things that happened this year that were big things for me. Big steps for someone with PTSD and agoraphobia/anxiety issues. I like to be able to look back on those when I am having a rough time and have gone backwards with it to remind myself that there are good days in there and I can hope for more of those.  Was a year full of surprises and firsts for me. A year of doing things I never though I'd do again. It may be some time before I do them again even but was a much more fruitful year than I'd realized. Here is hoping for a year full of good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment